We’re having a sale on laptops, both new and used, so hurry in before they’re gone.
Ducktoes Computer Services
902 Centre St. N
We’re giving a small Christmas present with every repair, so make sure if you need a repair to come in today and get it. It’s a small flash drive and 10% off coupon for any repair service.
Oh baby, baby it’s a wild world. The internet is rife with hackers, fraud, and danger all around. It’s a maelstrom out there. Most sites are subjected to brute force attacks with password guessing on a regular basis. Many get hacked into and then injected with malware causing the site not to function well and to get blacklisted from Google. Sometimes all this is happening on hidden pages or code, and it is hard for site owners to even notice their site has been compromised. To help prevent this, you need make your website more secure. Here are a few ways toward greater security.
1. Change the ftp and Cpanel passwords regularly.
2. Remove the admin user from WordPress sites or default user from other CMS sites. That way the hackers have to guess the user and the password. Before you remove the admin user, you’ll have to create a new user with administrator rights and a strong password. Write this down and never lose it.
3. Use plugins like Securi and log the log in attempts to your site. You’ll be astonished at how often someone or some bot tries to log in. You’ll see the need to secure your website.
4. Backup your site regularly, both the files and the database.
5. Use strong passwords that are long, a mixture of numbers, letters, special characters, and upper case.
Ducktoes can help make your website more secure with our web design security services.
It takes a few weeks for antivirus companies to discover new viruses and develop defenses and definitions against them. In the meantime those viruses are running in the wild. There are ways to remove viruses manually without antivirus programs. One is using Process Explorer an application from Sysinternals. I learn new techniques for virus removal because viruses are constantly changing.
Here is an excellent talk by Mark Russinovich. Mark is co-creator of the Sysinternals tools and website and now, after Microsoft acquired Sysinternals, is a Tech Fellow for Microsoft.
This talk tells you how to use Process Explorer to remove viruses manually. It will be most helpful to virus removal and computer repair techs or more advanced computer enthusiasts.
Here is one of our newest web designs for a costume business in Calgary. Calgary Costume is a well-established, popular costume shop in northwest Calgary with a wide variety of costumes for Halloween and other masquerade events. Our objectives in designing the site was to fix the old broken site and to come up with a mobile responsive, professional, unique, attractive design in keeping with the fun and user-friendly costume shop. We wanted it to be distinct from other costume shop web designs so that the site would stand out from the crowd and look professional and classy. We also had to incorporate a shopping cart not for sales but for browsing through many costumes and accessories.
Here is their website: calgarycostume.ca
If you want more information for our web design and designers, go to our Calgary web design services.