Top Citation and Directory Sites
Citations are a way of letting your presence be known. They are entries onto websites that function as directories, collecting information about businesses so people can find the right business for whatever they need. They are the phonebooks of the internet era and a citation puts you in the phonebook.
Here are some great citation sites and directory sites with good reputations. They are rated by knowledgeable and respected SEO organizations such as Majestic SEO, Moz, and Ahrefs. Who all use their own rating systems to rate the reputation of online businesses. This is a sampling of Canadian directories we provide for our SEO clients to help spread the word about their business.
Use these directories to help your local search listing in Google and other search engines. Make sure you use the same NAP in each (that is name, address, and phone number.) Also use your preferred domain in the link to your website.
- Foursquare: You can’t get much higher and better with a local directory site than this. This citation has an 85 Majestic trust flow and equally high Moz and Ahref ratings. You can get a free listing, but I recommend paying the $20 one time fee for a business listing. This is a very reasonable price for such a quality directory. Make the free listing on Foursquare’s add a business page. You’ll be asked if you want to pay…I’d do it. Check your listing often, sometimes a competitor may mark it closed erroneously.
- 411.ca and Yellow Pages: Another must as far as Canadian business directories go. We buy this citation for all our SEO clients who get the premium package. If you pay for three months, you’ll get a permanent listing. There are also free listings. Here is their business listing submission page.
- Canadian Business Directory: I love this directory for its attractive, simple, but professional format and reasonably high Majestic, Moz, and Ahref ratings. It is easy to submit to. You can get a free listing, but for only $4.95 you’ll get a much quicker response, which is well worth it. This is their submission page.
- Yelp: This is a high ranking and well-used site that will bring you traffic and clients and help your position in search results. You need to verify with a phone number. Claim or submit your business listing here. They tend to post negative reviews more than positive ones so we don’t like them as much anymore.
- Localsites.ca: This site is easy to submit to and it has high trust flow. The drawback is that the free listing can take weeks. The paid listing is only $9.95 however. Add your site here.
- Mister What: This a Canadian version of the US Mister What. Its trust flow in 34 which is moderately high. Go here to find out more.
- Ducktoes’ Directories: Here is a page with our own business directories.
Check back soon for new additions! These citations are only some included in our SEO packages. If you would like to hire us to improve your site’s traffic and revenue, please go to our local SEO services page.