Ducktoes SEO Women in Technology BursaryPlease go to our Calgary SEO page for important information on this bursary.
Getting a post-secondary education has never been more important than it is now, especially if you intend to pursue a career in technology.
Yet while the number of students who are obtaining higher education in programs related to technology continue to climb, the number of women who enroll in and complete these programs is sadly lagging. For this reason,
Ducktoes Computer Services Inc. is proud to offer an annual bursary of $1500 to women who are currently obtaining their advanced education in technology.
According to Deloitte, by the end of 2016 “fewer than 25 percent of information technology (IT) jobs in developed countries will be held by women, i.e. women working in IT roles.”
Further, a recent article from MacLean’s found that only 22% of Canadian women are participants in the STEM workforce (“STEM” – science, technology, engineering, mathematics).
Here at Ducktoes, we love helping both our wonderful clients and the community at large! It is in the spirit of community service and support that we offer this award. Our hope is that this bursary will assist and encourage women who are experiencing significant financial hardship and who, as a result, would otherwise not be able to complete their post-secondary studies in technology.
Students in the following areas of study (or their institutional equivalents) are encouraged to apply for this bursary:
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Graphic Communications and Print Technology
- Object-Oriented Software Development
- Network Technician/Administrator
- Technology Infrastructure Analyst
- Mobile Application Developer
- Database Administrator
- Web Development
- Web Design
- Graphic Design
- Information Records Management
- Information Systems Technology
- Robotics and Automation (including nanotechnology)
- Wireless Systems Engineering
- Software Development
To submit your application for the Ducktoes Women in Technology bursary, please upload your video submission to YouTube and enter your details in the specified fields on the application form.
In order for your application to stand out, please make sure the following conditions are met:
- Submit a creative and persuasive video essay about why you chose to study technology, what your career goals are, and a brief description of your current financial situation (in other words, why you need this bursary).
- One (1) letter of reference from a current or former professor.
- Be enrolled full-time in a program related to technology for the year that the bursary is awarded.
- Demonstrate financial need (for example, including the amount from line 150 of last year’s tax statement).
All applications must be received by 11:59pm on December 15, 2016. The winning application will be decided upon and the applicant will be notified the following week, on December 22, 2016.
We sincerely thank each and every applicant for taking the time and effort to submit their application, and wish you the best of outcomes!